Saturday, February 26, 2022

Starting to Get Somewhere - Part 3

    This is just gonna be another post discussing other aspects of the noir genre I need to keep in mind.
    First thing that is really easy and I can get out of the way pretty fast, costumes. The costumes in noir and neo noirs are basically just almost all suits. The women do where dresses and stuff but in terms of guys, suits all around its not even an argument. 




Obviously I am exaggerating a little bit but at least in terms of the crime side of the genre, it is literally suits for everyone. Now I am not going to go that far as to bring in the blazer and the fedora but what I can do very easily is have the actors wear dress pants and a button down with a tie. That will very easily hint at the genre I am portraying in the piece.

    Another thing is props and set design. I have a few things in my house that I can use to my advantage but right now the two or three places I have in mind are a place where the body is, the car they drive on the way to the house and the outside of the place of where the body is. I may add a forth one for where the two character initially get the phone call but I think I can use one location twice for that. For the place that the characters go to for the body I am probably going to use my house, this is because I just so happen to have a torn apart kitchen, literally. 

Why is this useful information? Because I can use this part of the house mainly for where the whole cleaning the body thing can take place, within the world of the story I can mention that the place is under construction so that is why nobody is walking in and screaming, AND I can use the rest of the house as a different location because it looks nothing like this. That last part may be a bit of a stretch but it still something to keep in mind. Another reason I chose my house is because I already know the layout and can easily access it while making storyboards or pre-vises later. The other big problem is the car scene, but I think I know where I can go, there was this road that used to be used quite often to get onto Alligator Alley, it is in front of the neighborhood next to Manatee Bay Elementary, but if I remember correctly the city put a gate or something and now nobody uses it at all. I am going to go double check later on and see if I can go over there but for now I think its a great place to film that scene.
    Then there are the props. The body does seem like a big thing but I can easily get around it with just using myself in close ups or out of focus in shots. Then I can just stuff a big bag and have the actors act like it is what they say it is. I do have a gag where the body falls out of the car in my mind but I think I can still do that easily using the same methods. I will get back to this later but for now I think its a good start.
    Now there is the casting, so far my thoughts have been I'll get to it when I get to it.... and they still remain the same see you next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Posts - Part 3

     For this stuff I actually kind of like the postcard, even though it is simple I feel it fits with the general vibe of the short film, a...