Friday, March 26, 2021

Portfolio Project Fourth Reflection: How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

     I think that most of my production skills had developed with this project. The film in my opinion was shot much more cleanly than my past attempts at something. I believe my process was better but most of it was like that because of the pre-production area. I would like to say I shot well but that was due to my storyboard that I didn't change from. I would like to say that I think the dialogue was better but that is obviously pre-production again. The only thing out of the production skills that I would say didn't improve was how to direct my actors. The type of opening I chose needed a decent amount from the actors and when they didn't really get what I was trying to do it would take them a while before realizing what I was trying to say, my stutter when I'm stressed or talk fast didn't help me either. My organizing skills I think did improve though, using the script and storyboard I was able to get through the shooting process much faster than just trying to wing it on the day. This was especially helpful when considering what we were using to shoot besides the phone for a camera. A broken tripod, a stabilizer and my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Posts - Part 3

     For this stuff I actually kind of like the postcard, even though it is simple I feel it fits with the general vibe of the short film, a...