Friday, March 12, 2021

Portfolio Project Second Reflection: Production Process

     This week I was actually able to do some filming and I started to realize a few things. One of them being that I might be too ambitious, obviously ambition is good in the long run but right now it isn’t because of COVID-19 and just my limitations as a film maker in general. I don’t have any adult willing to play parts as far as I know, besides the family that appears in a few shots but that’s fine since I can use mine. This means I will have to go back and rewrite part of my script to fit the new character, I was fortunate enough to have my friend agree to play a part outside the family so that’s what I’ll have to work off of. 

     This means I am going to have to change the dialogue to sound more like a teenager which may actually be a good thing in multiple ways. One is that it would be much easier to write and would probably sound better since I am actually a teenager. Two is that my friend would be playing the role so it would be much easier to communicate when the filming happens. Lastly it actually adds a lot more to the story at play because the character I have to rewrite is one that is there for a key moment.

     Another thing to note is that I am unprepared in terms of my vision for cross cutting between places, while shooting the family section I realized this and I unfortunately had to stop pretty early because I could only shoot the parts that I knew didn’t have cross cutting, so I have to go back to storyboarding to make sure I do this correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Posts - Part 3

     For this stuff I actually kind of like the postcard, even though it is simple I feel it fits with the general vibe of the short film, a...