Saturday, March 13, 2021

Portfolio Project Second Reflection: Changes to Project and Key Moments

      I already mentioned how I am changing the script of the project and why it’s happening but here I will go more specifically into how I will change it. I mentioned how I would have to rewrite dialogue but what I didn’t say is that the dialogue not only needs to be rewritten for him but for whoever he is talking to since adults and teenagers talk in different ways. I also need to change the setting of the scene so that it is more optimal not only for a safer environment for COVID-19 but for a place in which filming will not have as many interruptions. Actually writing the blog right now just gave me the perfect place, there’s an area outside the neighborhood pool that has tables and chairs and not many people go to it so that would be great because it’s also like five minutes away biking.

     Another reason I have to rewrite this is because as time went on with the project I have ideas for singular shots or concepts I want to include but can’t with the current script, so rewriting it would let me change the pacing allowing for those shots I want to include.

     Now let’s talk about the key moment with this character. This character is supposed to be assassinated by someone who the main character’s farther sent and the film concept is about how much the main character hates this lifestyle and the assassination being done on a teenager instead of an adult would help sell that idea and let the audience get behind the main character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Posts - Part 3

     For this stuff I actually kind of like the postcard, even though it is simple I feel it fits with the general vibe of the short film, a...