Sunday, March 14, 2021

Portfolio Project Second Reflection: Target Audience

      My target audience would probably be teenagers to young adults. If I had to guess the ages would be from roughly 15 to around 30. I am not sure if anyone younger would be bored by the film I have in mind due to it having not as much action as others and how it would be more character based. Since the target audience is very young it means that I would have to distribute the film a certain way and if it were real, market it a certain way too. I would probably do this through social media and maybe upload the film to YouTube, this would be so there would be a possibility at an increase in its popularity. There are much higher chances of it happening there than anywhere else. Part of the reason would be because its free to watch and audiences would not have to pay for a ticket to a film festival or something similar.

    Keeping my target audience in mind will also effect how I make certain scenes and whether I should keep them in for the audience's enjoyment, or if it would make for a better film. The way scenes would be slightly changed would be in pacing, camera movement, acting and almost everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Posts - Part 3

     For this stuff I actually kind of like the postcard, even though it is simple I feel it fits with the general vibe of the short film, a...