Saturday, March 20, 2021

Portfolio Project Third Reflection: Scheduling and Casting

     If I am being completely honest this was a nightmare for a while. The family trip we are taking for Spring Break had me extremely worried. We had to reschedule the day and recast because of it. 

    The original plan I had in mind was to shoot it at the very beginning of spring break, which was Thursday, unfortunately that didn't end well because one of the actors was leaving and I didn't know about it until a few days before. This meant we had to recast and we decided on someone else the next day, he said yes but he was able to do Thursday. This meant the shooting would have to be another day.

    We all decided to shoot it the next day at the commons in my neighborhood. We decided to do it in the morning since there would be less people there and because I had to go to my class in the afternoon. This is where a huge communication issue occurred. We had decided on a time but one of the actors had plans conflicting with that time but we had all mixed the text sent and realized that Friday morning. We had tried to push it back to after he went out but we didn't want to shoot at night because the film would just have not looked good.

    Finally we decided on Saturday morning, much earlier than before, starting the shooting at 10 am. I originally tried to avoid this because that was the day my family was leaving and because my morning would have been taking up with my job, I was extremely lucky that someone was able to cover for me and that is when we shot the film.

    Moving forward I have to take this into account and the rest of the project will still be effected by my job so I must be extra careful and make sure everyone and everything will be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Posts - Part 3

     For this stuff I actually kind of like the postcard, even though it is simple I feel it fits with the general vibe of the short film, a...