Sunday, March 27, 2022

Having Trouble On How To Continue - Part 4

 CARDS. I have not touched the cards at all in this project except for one time at the very beginning of the project but it was so miniscule that there was no need or reason to mention it in any previous post. The most I did was essentially just take on picture and make a layout on a card of a possible way to have the card look. I literally lost the card so I can't even show that in the post. Anyway, so right now I am thinking of a few ideas of how I am going to do the little card for film festivals. I honestly am not entirely sure what will best fit the tone of the film but I think I at least know where to start taking things out.

First thing is that I will not include the set pieces, I know that seems like an obvious thing to say but, hey, you have to start somewhere. I am not including them because, seeing as we got kicked out of like five different places trying to film the opening scene, we didn't film that first scene in an area that gave off a lot of neo-noir vibes. The same goes for the other scenes, most of the recognizable neo-noir/noir elements in my piece come from the characters and the objects. Now I am thinking that is where to start. I think I have to include the characters somehow because they are literally the entirety of the piece. There isn't a single spot of film where they are on screen or any theme of something that can be represented by an object. However, I think I can get a little creative with it. Since one of the characters hardly speaks for basically the entirety of the piece I can put that character in shadow or at least make him less recognizable and/or more mysterious in the card. That will fit well with  how the film opens. It also does help establish the tone a little, there is still some kind of morbidity to be found, I mean they are literally carrying a body to a car for part of the film.

That is my idea for the front of the card but I am not entirely sure for the back. Maybe the body bag they use in the film. OH, maybe I can use that as another poll in the social media page. That could be fun and if people actually respond I might end up taking one of the ideas. That is about it for this post, I am going to be doing a lot more work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Posts - Part 3

     For this stuff I actually kind of like the postcard, even though it is simple I feel it fits with the general vibe of the short film, a...